Friday, January 30, 2009

glitters

-

It's a GIRL!
So we discovered on Monday that our house is about to be transformed into a castle, where it will house the world's newest princess. I cannot decide if I am more excited or terrified about this news.

I truly had no preference between a boy or girl, I just wanted a healthy beautiful baby. And this remains true; however, how can I, Mr. Budget, overlook the financial obligations that are now in front of me: dance lessons, sweet-sixteen, prom dresses, tanning, sorority, and wedding - YIKES! I guess on the bright side, I can invest the 350 dollar circumcision fee into the stock market.

"Now seriously, Rob," as my wife says (as if the above monetary concerns were not serious); we are ecstatic. And this bit of news is the firing shot that gets the race started. Now we can begin tossing around names, looking at paint (which I learned can only be done after bedding is picked out), so tomorrow we are looking at bedding, and getting the house transformed from the Pottery Barn catalog to Babies R Us...our house is anything but child friendly.

And as you can imagine, our parents are stoked as well. My mom swears that this baby-girl may finally be the one person that can tame my personality and Heather's mom is of course out of control with glee.

And as for an update on Heather's parents, they are doing great! Jim's CEA score (a test that monitors his cancer enzymes) is the lowest it has ever been, and has been consistently decreasing the past few weeks. Karen continues to tolerate her treatment very well. So what do two cancer patients do when things are going so well......take a trip to Vegas! That's right, Jim and Karen went with two of their closest friends to Las Vegas for a week of entertainment. They must have thought Heather and I were too busy, as they failed to extend the invite in our direction. So I guess, Rob's first trip to Vegas will have to wait.

To all of you that have Daddy's little girls, please feel free to leave some advice!

Rob and Heather

9 comments:

Mom to Four said...

We are so excited for you!! Tony says: "start saving"-and enjoy every minute because they grow up too fast. I guess he is entitled to sharing some advice since he has 3 girls ;) We can't wait to meet the little princess. Glad you are all doing well. It was great visiting with you today-we miss you!

The Goodnights said...

So thrilled! Rob, I think Sandy is right. This little princess just might be the one person to tame you! Can not wait to meet her.

T-Craig said...

So excited for you both! She will have you (Rob) wrapped around her finger. There is no doubt in my mind. Budget will cease to exist...

TheRays said...

Yay!!!! your little girl will have such a place in your heart! I love watching Bryan with Millie. She loves her daddy sooo much!
congratulations:-)

Unknown said...

I bought the little princess a gift today!

LyndseyCoal said...

Cosita and I are incredibly excited for this precious lil princess! regarding your budget: you forgot about homecoming. ;)congrats! love you.

Waldenville Family Blogg said...

If anyone can break Rob and his personality it will be a sweet baby girl! She is going to rule your world! I agree with Sandy. Bryan and I were actually discussing this weeks ago. It will be good for you to have a girl first so she can soften you for the next one :). We all know that Heather is very prepared for a princess! Get ready for an explosion of pink. There is no way to budget for hair bows, tights, and purses. It's just better to give up now. We will be here for support. I can't wait to meet her. I am sure she will be beautiful! Congratulations.

Jill White said...

It's a GIRL! So very happy for you, Heather & Rob!
The definition of LOVE will take on a whole new meaning when you get to hold YOUR baby girl.

Justin said...

Guys that is so Awesome!! Take it from a former Marine, she will be able to change not only your attitude, Rob, but wrap you around that little finger so easily it isnt even funny. Seriously though, Laura and I are so excitied for you guys. We hope with Laura and Heather now working together we can become closer friends. Cant wait. Congrats!

Peeps