Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Blessings
As many of you have heard (or read) already, our lives are quickly about to change...in a good way! Heather is pregnant. As you can imagine we are tremendously excited, and I am immensely terrified.

When Heather shared with me the exciting news, I immediately began a "to-do" list in my head of everything that needed to be done; I say immediately, but I think more accurately it was immediately after I recovered from the shock I began the "to-do" list. In fact, I still can barely talk about the baby without having my heart race rapidly and my blood pressure rise.

We are so excited! Adding to our excitement and assurance is God's timing of it all. Our baby is due June 26 (if you could only see me freaking out as I write this sentence!) And our little one will be blessed with 2 cousins within 6 weeks of age; My brother, Chris, and his wife Tanya are also expecting middle May; and cousin Patrick and Gretchen are expecting mid-May as well!

We are also hopefully excited that this baby, and the 7 months until the delivery (again wigging out!) will serve as sweet medicine for Heather's mom and dad. Sometimes when life strikes you as it has them this past year, the best medicine is having something to look forward to.

As we recognize God's blessings in our lives, we are truly blessed.
* We are blessed to have 3 sets of grandparents in waiting, each so very thrilled in what next summer holds.
* We are blessed to have so many friends that have preceded us in this journey, so we can seek their counsel and wisdom that only experience brings.
*We are blessed to have more than a handful of very close friends that will share this journey with us, as they will have, or have had, new babies within 8 months of our baby!
*We are blessed that as we spend time praying for this baby today, we are given the promise of God, that He is already preparing the way and making plans for this baby's life!

Our hope for you, this Christmas season, is that you will take time to reflect and give thanks to God for the blessings he has showered over your life.

Blessed,

Rob and Heather

3 comments:

T-Craig said...

Heather, I already told Rob this . . I am absolutely thrilled for you both! When I read the post from your mom I was ready to do cartwheels for you guys! Last week was a tough week for me and this news changed my "mood"! Love you both (or all three of you). Know I am praying for you!
Todd

Noah said...

Rob, I have a 1 month old (as of yesterday) and it's nothing to freak out about. Everything comes naturally to you. Being a dad is the best thing ever!!

Jeremy

Jill White said...

What wonderful news!!! Congratulations parents-to-be.

Peeps