Saturday, January 30, 2010

snowed in

As most of our other Oklahoma friends, this weekend was spent in doors after the "Blizzard of 2010."  Part of me was glad to see the snow, as we missed the "Christmas Blizzard of 2009," and I was also glad that we got less ice than expected, but more snow than predicted.  Tulsa ended up with over 6 inches of snow!

Heather had planned on being in Dallas this weekend for the baby shower of our good friends the Cavazos, but I had to lay down the law, after my normal 15 minute commute downtown took over an hour on Friday.  I was amazed at all the snow.  So as soon as I got back home, I got Ellie all bundled up and took her out to see the snow for herself.  She was impressed for about 1 minute, then ready to return to the warmth of the indoors.

We also always laugh at how much of a priss our little Petie is.  He tends to be very cautious in the snow.  He makes multiple attempts to avoid the snow, and then, only after careful examination of the area, he prances in the snow, not know exactly how to behave.

So being snowed in is cool for about half a day, but then cabin fever sets in.



3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Hi sweet Heather! Precious family! Hope you all are doing well.

Jen

The Goodnights said...

I can't believe how big Ellie is! She looks like Sarah in the pic on your blog. Wow. Every other time she resembles Heather. We miss you!

Peeps